Monday, November 1, 2010

My shoes saved me.


Unless you have walked in my shoes, you can not know how my shoes saved me. When I bought my shoes, I didn’t know that the shoes could save me from hurting myself. The shoes were supposed to last long and help in exercising. One morning, I woke up from an unpleasant sleep. While I was going down the stairs I tripped. I bruised my arms and legs. I got up and ate breakfast while my dog was chewing on my leg. After breakfast, I put on my shoes and left for camp.

When I got to camp, I went straight to the soccer field. As goalie, my shoes helped me block several goals. Then, as I tried to block the ball with my hands, I got extremely hurt when my right hand bent all the way back. My second injury of the day led me to the nurse’s office. After I stopped crying I went to the rock wall.

It was time for me to go rock climbing. I got there and put on my harness. Then, it was my turn to go on the rock wall. The guy told me to climb. I soon reached the top. From the top I jumped off and in less than one second, I hit the ground on my feet. My shoes really saved me. How they saved me is because they made me fall right side because how heavy they are. I didn’t feel a think. That’s when I realized that they can save a life. Now they don’t fit me anymore, but I never forgot what they did for me.

Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment