Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All night I waited. I was so excited, I couldn't sleep.



Sadye, left. Akili, right.

My favorite pair of shoes are my handmade cat shoes. It all started one Sunday morning. My sister and I got out of bed and we were very tired. We had fallen back asleep for another two hours. My sister turned over and asked me, "Do you want to go shopping?" I said "Yes," and immediately got up and put my clothes on.

"Are you that excited to go?" she asked.

"OF COURSE I AM. WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO GO LOOK AT COOL STUFF?" I stammered. We got in the car and left. Later on, we arrived and started walking around. Then my sister stopped and stared at a quite large sign. It said HAND MADE in bulky letters. We went in and my sister started pondering, making sure to look at everything. As we passed things, she kept saying , "I want this," sniffing the candles, touching the neon sock monkeys.

I was having trouble finding anything I liked that wasn't 50 dollars. BUT THEN I SPOTTED THE COOLEST SHOES I HAD EVER SEEN! They were leopard print with huge green eyes, and pink bows for ears. I said, "Shelby, look, can you buy them for me please?" I could tell my sister liked them too. We both tried them on and they fit us. "No, Sadye, mom can buy them for you." I could definitely tell she wanted them.

When we arrived home, I asked my mom if we could go back later and buy the shoes. My mother said we would go in the morning to buy them. All night I waited. I was so excited I couldn't sleep. In the morning, we went to get them. I was very pleased, but my sister was jealous.

Sadye

COMING SOON! Akili's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment