Monday, November 1, 2010

I didn't think I could be this daring until I got my hiking boots.




Madison, left. Ethan, right.

Unless you’ve walked in my shoes, you wouldn’t know how much fun it is to see the wild; to see all the animals free. You wouldn’t know how daring a person could feel. I didn’t think I could be this daring until I got my hiking boots.

The reason my hiking boots changed my life is because they made me feel like I was on top of the world. I wouldn’t even care if they got dirty because they were meant for adventure. In Africa, we had many adventures:

How scary it could be to walk across a bridge that could collapse at any moment. Before I slept at night, I thought to myself, “you are one of the closest things to freedom.” To think that your next door neighbors are hippos!

When you see the wild, out in the open, it’s like a memory that you can never let go, and the feeling can be anything … unhappy, amazing, enjoyment … but it’s definitely a memory you should keep.

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment