Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You can't know what it's like to go to a cattle ranch.




Unless you have walked in my shoes you can't know what it's like to go to a cattle ranch. One sunny day, I went to a Sports Chalet to get cowboy boots and hats to prepare myself for my trip with my dad to a cattle ranch in Wyoming. First we would have to fly to Utah and hurry to another flight heading to Cody, Wyoming. The plane flying from Utah to Cody was very small and flimsy and flew at a slower speed than most planes. When we landed in Cody, we would have to rent a room at a hotel and drive seventy miles in the morning to get to the cattle ranch. I was very excited to go the cattle ranch.

The day we drove to the cattle ranch I was curious as to what it would look like, and what we would learn there. We arrived at about four o' clock in the afternoon. First we went to the main lodge and met the manager and she showed us where our cabin was. It was very nice with two twin beds and a T.V. We unpacked our stuff and then headed to dinner. We even had our own personal chef. The food was so flavorful and yummy. After dinner we went back to the cabin, watched some T.V. and went to bed. I can't explain all the details of everyday because it would be too long, but I can tell you what we did.

My dad and I went horseback riding with a guide named Shawn who was a very nice guide. The horses walked through the streams which I loved! I got to see pigs, cows, and mini-bulls. I even got to feed the pigs! One of my favorite things we did was ride in Shawn's monster truck through little streams and bumpy terrain. We went fishing and I caught some chunky rainbow trout. I even got to fire a shotgun! I wore my boots everyday! The cattle ranch was awesome!

I wore my cowboy boots every day during that trip. I learned how to shoot a shotgun, and ride a horse. Everyday at the cattle ranch was so exciting and fun. My boots remind me of my trip to the cattle ranch with my dad.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment