Monday, November 1, 2010

I was about 7 years old when my family spent a day at the beach.


I was about 7 years old when my family spent a day at the beach in Atlantic City, New Jersey. It was a wonderful day. When it was time to go, I gathered all my clothes and walked to the water’s edge to tell my brother to get out of the water. I accidentally dropped my clothes and one of my shoes floated away. It sank so quickly no one could save it. I’m sure the fish had a good dinner. But I bet the silver buckle on the shoe is still shining and winking at me.

The shoe looked like the ones worn by the pilgrims. The next day, my mother took me shopping and bought the same shoes. It turned out to be a happy day after all, especially since my mother didn’t scold me.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment