Monday, November 1, 2010

My shoes help me remember to try new things.


Unless you have walked in my shoes, you cannot know how much I love Mexico. Last summer, my friend Olga, who knew how much I loved Mexico, invited me to a Quinceanera. I thought they were inviting me to a restaurant called La Quinceanera. Boy was I wrong. It was a birthday party. If I had known I was going to a birthday party, I never would have gone.

I rode in the car with Olga, her husband, and her mom. When we stopped, I found out we were at a church, not a restaurant. I realized it was a birthday party. There were so many people at the party. There was mariachi, salsa and cumbia music playing and a D.J.

The birthday girl was named Mayra Ruiz. She was so beautiful. Even though I was too nervous to talk to her, I still had a great time. He shoes I wore were tennis shoes. It was so easy to dance all night in them. I danced with middle-aged grown ups the whole night long.

That day, I learned that sometimes things I expect to happen don’t always turn out. I also decided I would be open to birthday parties. Sometimes birthday parties could be awesome. The tennis shoes I wear in school are the ones I wore at the party. They help me remember to try new things.

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment