Monday, November 1, 2010

As I walked, I began to feel more and more free.



Unless you have walked in my shoes, you can not know how it feels to walk on a beautiful beach in Brazil. A few years ago, I went to Brazil with a friend and had a great time. One day, we were on our way to the hardware store when I spotted an amazing pair of running shoes in a store window. They were pink, black and red checkered with white laces. I had to have them! They would be perfect for the many long walks I was planning on having during the trip.

I put my new shoes on right away and started walking on a journey I’ll never forget. The wind was blowing strongly along the beach that day. I could barely hear the sound of the waves. I wished my friends could have been there to experience this lovely day. As I walked, I began to feel more and more free. Wearing the new shoes on this three-mile walk did cause me some pain, but the beauty of the shoes and the day made me forget.

I still wear these shoes today. Whenever I wear them, I am reminded of the freedom I felt that day. I will remember to have more adventures because of the shoes. Next time, I will bring more friends with me.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment