Sunday, October 24, 2010

My feet kept my boots in the stirrups, which kept me in the saddle!


Unless you have walked in my shoes you cannot know how to ride a horse and feel completely safe. I have been riding horses since I was two years old. My grandmother put on my first pair of boots and put me on the horse. It was first of many amazing experiences. Even as a toddler, I felt so safe when I was wearing my special shoes. My boots kept my feet in the stirrups, which kept me in the saddle.

I feel most fantastic when I am on a horse. The wind assaults my face and refreshes me as I ride in a circle. One my chestnut horse named Nikey I ride really fast while he tries to buck me off like a bull. But when I'm wearing my boots I always stay on. Sometimes I jump and ride bareback.

While riding with my boots on it makes riding fun because I can challenge myself without fear. What I learned from my shoes is to always wear them while riding a horse that tries to buck you off of their back. Without my boots my feet will slip out of the stirrups. It is hard to ride without boots on, as well as trying to ride with a broken finger. I got bucked off when I was three years old and broke my finger.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment